Saturday, January 19, 2013

Speed City

Speed City Race Track

Speed City is where drag racers and car enthusiasts in Davao City converge for a legal 1/8 mile street drag racing, slalom, or drifting competitions, etc. It is Davao City's premier race track located within the 45 hectare business park of Davao River Front Corporate City in Diversion Highway, Ma-a.

Starting Line at the Speed City Davao

Below are some images during the 2006 Wild Sprints Challenge@Speed City courtesy of SSC-Davao.


 














Back in the 1980's when drag racing was then illegal, the Author of this blog used to drag race in his college days along Ortigas Avenue in Greenhills Shopping Center, San Juan, Metro Manila.

Below is a photo of the Author (and his father) checking the engine of his 1977-Model Mitsubishi Colt Celeste following a race of the previous night. Location: right outside his house in Cainta, Rizal. It is the only surviving photo that the Author has of his college car in his personal file.

11 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I invite you to join our top with travel sites: http://www.HQTravelBlogs.com
    Our top have a friendly interface and it offers free web promotion for your site.
    You can find:
    -title and description;
    -screenshot of your website
    -statistics about the number of your visitors(unique/pageviews);
    -comments about your site;
    -the ranking is by sites unique visitors in a week;
    -5 sites are selected random and showed in the left side of the site on all site pages;
    -statistics with the visitors you got from our top;
    After you join our top take the voting code and put in your site
    to be accepted to our site.

    We'll be expecting you at http://www.hqtravelblogs.com to subscribe your
    site. If you have any question don’t hesitate to contact us.

    Thank you for your time.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love drag racing. Maybe I should visit Philippines and join you racing games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been in the Philippines but I haven't visit Davao. Maybe I should try to visit it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good to know that now they have their right to do drag racing unlike those years in 1980's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't watch a drag race, seeing this pictures and reading your post makes me curious about drag racing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Would you be interested in writing a guest blog post on our blog, http://www.seattlehotelsmotels.com/ ? We are a PR 3 blog whose audience enjoys reading anything about travel . And, of course, you’ll receive a FOLLOWED link to your blog or page of your choice. Please let me know if you’re interested. I think you’d be a great fit with our audience, and we’d also like to talk with you about other partnerships. I have few more travel sites and blogs for link exchange and article exchange if interested please feel free to contact me

    Talk to you soon 

    Ratna Sharma
    ratna.fp@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look like really pumped up cars. It seems like a popular tourist attraction too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to witness this kind of sport even once in a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I been there. I love watching that race.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Sam here from Davao City. I have been a silent stalker of your site, very informative. BTW, I'm building links for my real estate site. Can we exchange links? I have added already your link here -http://realestateindavao.com/links-to-us. Hope you can link us up too.

    Our URL: http://realestateindavao.com/ - Real Estate in Davao

    Thanks and more power,

    Sam

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...